Re: The Logic of Diversity

From: Chris Capel (pdf23ds@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 21:37:00 MST

On 2/8/06, Jef Allbright <jef@jefallbright.net> wrote:
> Came across this lucid and current paper that touches upon much of the
> subject matter of this discussion list. Recommended.
>
> http://cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/bulletin/logic-of-diversity.html

I wonder how the introduction of random steps, a bit of noise, into
the other heuristics of the strong heuristic agents would affect their
aggregate performance. I wonder if this was considered. My intuition
is that putting some noise into the search process (especially in a
simulated annealing sort of way) would be a big improvement.

Chris Capel

--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"