Re: Shamanism, faith healers and "plant wisdom"

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 13:23:44 MST

I think it is important to note that McKenna explicitly denied that he was a
'new ager' and that he believed he was strictly a rationalist. I won't
defend McKenna's theories but I will say that because he believed himself to
be a rationalist his theories should be confronted, and if possible refuted,
with reason and not mere ad hominum name calling. I believe McKenna deserved
that much respect.

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson