Re: Singularity Institute: Likely to win the race to build GAI?

From: dave last (smileydave@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 04:18:24 MST

I believe your questions are answered in the singinst web site.

"Far less important projects get hundreds of millions of dollars and
thousands of programmers. What is our substitute? Knowing exactly what we're
doing. Having exceptional people on the team."

"In the third category are tasks that can only be accomplished by someone
capable of independently originating and extending AI theory. We will have
to hope that all of these jobs can be done by one person, because one person
is all that we are likely to have. "