RE: RE: Singularity Institute: Likely to win the race to build GAI?

From: Tyler Emerson (emerson@intelligence.org)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 04:26:05 MST

Olie:

You should *ask* before you forward a private message to a public list. My
message was not intended for SL4. The email to you was written in haste - it
was blunt and will be misconstrued without context. My disagreements or
agreements with AGI researchers are expressed privately, not publicly. My
position with the Institute clarifies implicitly my views on how to approach
AGI, but there is need and room for respectful dialogue with others. For the
record: I believe the AGI researchers on this list are clearly aware of the
Friendliness Challenge, regardless of any disagreement on how to handle it.