Re: Rate of change (was Re: 'a process of non-thinking called faith')

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 22:17:15 MST

I have to agree with Kevin here. I grant you that 1934 to 1970 saw
monumental changes but 1970 to 2006 saw unprecedented changes. I say this as
an obsessive history buff who knows a great deal about the history of the
20th century. I wont even waste my time making the argument - I'm shocked
that any intelligent and educated person doesn't recognize the obvious
exponential advancement of technology. Put it this way - if a person from
1934 were to travel to 1970 they would probably experience far less future
shock then a person from 1970 travelling to 2006.

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson