Re: The SA and the DA

From: Dirk Bruere (dirk.bruere@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 17:54:09 MST

On 3/8/06, Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org> wrote:

> And, I note that the "universe as simulation" hypothesis is not
> entirely content-free. If we are living in a simulation, then
> possibly there is a bug or intentional loophole in the code running
> the simulation, so maybe we should look for a way out.

That rather assumes that the Sim is being run on a computer *by* a
superintelligence.
I think it very much more likely that the Sim hardware *is* the
superintelligence. That there is 'no way out' because we are aspects of that
superintelligence, in the same way that characters in our own dreams,
memories and speculations cannot 'get out'.

Dirk