Re: META-ish: passing for human

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 12:50:32 MST

I have long wondered if many of the *syndromes* of modern psychology are not
merely different psychological groups that have an important function but
are outside the range of normalcy in certain facets. For instance I am an
INTP and I also have some Asperger like symptoms as well as ADD and probably
a few other *syndromes*. But in reality the symptoms of all these supposed
psychological problems are perfectly normal for most INTP's. More study
should be applied to this hypothesis. If something like this turns out to be
the case we could easily revamp our education systems to play into this
strength. Instead of treating kids with Asperger symptoms as freaks we could
administer psychological type tests that would determine the style of
education one receives. Just think - it would be sort of like Plato's
Republic - All the INTP's and INTJ's could be trained into technocratic
guardian philosopher-kings leading the way to a brave new world. (Evil
Scientists LOL).

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson