Re: The SA and the DA

From: Daniel Radetsky (daniel@radray.us)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 17:23:15 MST

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:21:07 -0500
"Philip Goetz" <philgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Poll: Do you or do you not have a problem with living in a simulation?

As Dave Chalmers suggests in "Matrix As Metaphysics," discovering you are in a
simulation is the same type of thing as discovering what the fundamental
particles of the universe are. Currently, we are unsure as to what makes up our
universe at the bottom. Discovering we are in a simulation would amount to
discovering what the fundamental particles are (bits in somebody's computer).
So having a problem with being in a simulation is like being morally outraged
at the fact that Bosons have spin 1/2 (or whatever spin they have, if any).

Daniel