RE: using game programming to develop animal-equivalent agi

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 07:47:35 MST

Finally someone on this list is talking sense! Yes, if you combined the Havok
physics engine with Spore, and maybe a evolutionary algorithm like the memetic
algorithm (I believe Spore's evolutionary algorithms neglect the
hueristic-driven local search component), it's possible to have AI to a
limited capacity. I can't say with certianty whether this AI would be
integrated and well-rounded enough to be called "general", but I can say with
a great deal of faith that AGI and interactive entertianment applications will
converge, possibly by the middle of the next decade.

Patrick Dugan