Re: The history of Acceleration/Singularity predictions

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 12:07:09 MST

> I'll be surprised if anything like that exists - but
> if it does, I would
> be very interested. And I second the part about
> checking serious
> long-term models, rather than soundbite predictions.
>
> Does anyone know of work like this?
>

>From my dead tree personal library:

"Resources Directory for America's Third Century:

An introduction to studies of possible future
developments in the United States and the World
with a guide to information sources"

Vol I: An introduction to the Study of the Future
(xiv + 393p)
Vol II: Information sources for the Study of the
Future (v + 348p)

prepared by the World Future Society under a grant
from the National Science Foundation and the Library
of Congress/Congessional Research Service. Jan 1977.
Grant Number 055 75-01241 A01. LoC Card #76-52074.