RE: Continuity of Conscious

From: dave last (smileydave@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2006 - 18:18:19 MST

Every morning when you wake up, you are a new person with memories of your
old life, believing yourself to be the same. Why then, this illusion of
continuity, of I-ness, of a "soul"? Because in civilization, it was a
tremendous evolutionary advantage be willing to endure some hardship or
discomfort today for the sake of your future self. Thus we evolved an ego.