Re: What shock level is Kurzweil's recent book?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 14:22:49 MDT

What is confusing about "The Singularity is Near" is as follows:

-- If you read carefully, yes, the book is SL4

-- The overall focus and tone of the book is SL3

This is probably intentional on Kurzweil's part. He is not dishonest,
but he places a marketing spin that is intended not to shock people
too badly, but rather to excite them about the possibilities...

-- Ben G