Re: How open do we have to be?

From: José Raeiro (zeraeiro@clix.pt)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 18:45:05 MDT

In some cases they were just trying to improve those truths. For
example, Copernicus made his model because he was trying to improve the
ptolemaic cosmology. He was unhappy about the lack of uniformity in the
circular motion. Galileo didn't present any proof for his claims of the
Earth mobility. It was not the case of not following any book, neither
it was democratic, however, it was equally "wrong" in the method. Kepler
did arrive to his results, coincidental through errors in his
calculations. Just three main examples of the main characters in what
was perhaps the most important revolution in science. Were they more
awaken than those who arrive to the "truth" by the books or
"democratically"?

José Raeiro