RE: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Bob Seidensticker (bob@future-hype.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 10:45:53 MDT

Michael: it sounds like you think technologies like nanotech and AGI are not
only inevitable but close. Why do you say that, given the poor record of
the futurist community in predicting the future? You know the long list of
failed predictions as well as I do -- moon bases, videophones, and so on.
Perhaps you don't look to the futurist community but are making these
predictions yourself, but still the difficulty of seeing the future
correctly must apply -- no?

IMO, most predictions are wrong (the bolder, the wronger!). And any
entrepreneur will tell you that it's a brutal road from invention to
product, with most new products failing somewhere along the way. Why are
you certain that these will succeed?

Bob