RE: Anti-singularity spam.

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 19:28:02 MDT

> failed predictions as well as I do -- moon bases,
> videophones, and so on.

Moon Bases: Speaking as a former rocket scientist,
I worked on studies of the "next generation"
replacements
for the Space Shuttle that NASA is now starting to
work
on. I worked on the studies _over 20 years ago_.
NASA
is just incredibly slow at getting anything done these
days. Another example: I started working on the
Space Station project in 1988, when the development
contracts were awarded. It's still only half built,
18 years later. We could have had Moon Bases if
a competent organization was in charge. I give it even
odds that will beat NASA to a Moon base:
http://www.bigelowaerospace.com/index.htm

Videophones: Um, are you aware that videophones
are for sale now? Like this one?:
http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/N90/0,7747,,00.html

DRN