Re: Genetic self reference

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 16:37:13 MDT

> No, no, no and no. When you take the computer analogy too far, your
> constrain your ability to understand the system. The genetic code is
> /like/ a program to one extent or another, and carries information
> kind of /like/ computer hardware does, but they are profoundly
> different in some ways.

Thanks (everybody) for the feedback. I am clearly not as familiar with
genetics as with programming, and even that is only limited experience.

the more I read, the less likely it seems there will be an opportunity for
any thought I have to meaningfully contribute to any field.*

* not intended to evoke a response - just an observation. I would like to
be wrong. :)