Re: ESSAY: Forward Moral Nihilism

From: Woody Long (ironanchorpress@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 17:05:15 MDT

I purposely avoided the issue of consciousness. Seems to me a FAI can be
EITHER an ingenious classical syntactical simulation of intelligence, and
so a non-conscious classical FAI, or a semantically understanding
intelligence, and so a post-classical conscious FAI. Furthermore, since
there can be no Alife without machine consciousness, a classical FAI can
not be an Alife. However, a post-classical conscious FAI can be an Alife,
if the other necessary ingredients of Alife are included. For these
ingredients my system duplicates the human life theory of William James,
father of modern psychology.