Re: Chimp genetics

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 05:46:13 MDT

Apparently your understanding was commong among
biologists, but recent genetic analysis showed it's
not true.

Reference:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15910336&dopt=Abstract

I'm using chimpanzees as a proxy for early humans,
since the time early humans lived in a similar
environment as chimpanzees, a couple of million
years, is much longer than the time since we have
used agriculture and lived in cities (<10Kyr).
Therefore whatever selection pressures have operated
have had much more time to do so in the earlier
environment.

DRN