State of the art

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 01:52:38 MDT

Two queries about the state of the art in Singularity work and AGI and

1. What people and institutions have as their primary goal the hastening of the Singularity? I am not referring in this query to those who are aware of the Singularity, support it, and whose work is bringing it closer, like Kurzweil, Moravec, etc., but specifically to those whose organizational or personal goal is a (friendly) Singularity and therefore direct their actions to achieve that goal.

Is SIAI all there is?

2. Is there a comparative survey of all real, relevant AGI projects available on the web or even offline? I have learned a little about SIAI, A2I2, CCortex/BlueBrain, Numenta, Novamente/AGIRI, Ai, and Cyc, and I am sure there are others. Of course these have different goals, methodologies, degrees of liveness, and chances for success, and I'd love to see a layperson's overview of the "best" ones.

Thanks,

Joshua

Signup at www.doteasy.com