Re: Singularity awareness of obscenely wealthy people

From: Ricardo Barreira (rbarreira@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 09:42:08 MDT

> Like all human psychological traits, they have an evolved origin. Even the
> triggers for genocide can be understood by looking to the recurrent
> conditions that periodically occurred in our hunter gatherer past.

I don't doubt that people can find evolutionary explanations for
everything even if they need to scrape deep in the bowl of
imagination... But my personal philosophy is always that some of our
characteristics and behaviors are simply emergent from other (possibly
evolved) ones. Why do so many people seem to skip this possibility
everytime they are speaking about human psychology?