Re: Re: KILLTHREADs

From: John K Clark (jonkc@att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 10:29:14 MDT

"Mitchell Howe" <mitch.howe@gmail.com>

> After all, it could be that I simply disagree with the argumentative
> trends, and am subconsciously, Ouija-style, sliding the crosshairs
> according to my own biases.

I hope I don't come off sounding rude but for the life of me I can't think
of another explanation. Correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems to me the
fundamental purpose of SL4 is to discuss AI and friendly AI in particular; I
could be wrong but I don't believe snuffing out any thread that examines the
basic foundation of this will lead to enlightenment.

The entire friendly AI concept is supported by two pillars:

1) The stupid ordering the brilliant is an inherently stable configuration
that can persist indefinitely.

2) The stupid leading the brilliant will arrive at a glorious destination.

I believe both these ideas are fundamentally and profoundly wrong, but it's
your list not mine, I respect private property and I know you don't want
these matters pursued so I'll say no more about them on this list.

  John K Clark