Re: programming

From: Ola Bini (ola.bini@ki.se)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 12:33:46 MDT

J. Andrew Rogers wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Michael Vassar wrote:
>> Interesting. This claims that programming ability is not related to
>> measured inteliigence.
>

> They don't call 'em "code monkeys" fer nuthin'.
>
> Software design, on the other hand, tends to reflect intelligence to a
> much more significant extent.
>

> J. Andrew Rogers

Pure programming doesn't really reflect intelligence, as you say, but
OTOH, I haven't been on many projects where I haven't needed to do some
manner of design/analysis too.

/O - professional code monkey, sometimes architectural primate

--
  Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com)
  JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor