Re: professors and the Singularity (Glenn Reynolds/Instapundit)

From: Neil H. (neuronexmachina@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 14:58:14 MDT

I'm not sure how prominent you would consider him to be outside the
blogosphere, but the Instapundit Glenn Reynolds (who also happens to be a
law Professor at the University of Tennessee ) is quite interested in
Singularity ideas, having mentioned it several times at instapundit.com.

Here's an email interview he had with Ray Kurzweil:

http://instapundit.com/archives/025289.php

Also, an podcast interview with Vernor Vinge:

http://instapundit.com/archives/029925.php

>From the description:

I'm interested in the Singularity, and I'm a big fan of Vernor Vinge's. He's

On 7/12/06, Joshua Fox <joshua@joshuafox.com> wrote:
> > Singularitarians already have the conceptual endorsement of several of
> > the smartest scientist polymaths not explicitly associated with the
> > singularity. Obviously Feynman, with respect to MNT, but also Von
> > Neumann with respect to self-replication and GAI.
>
> Thanks, Michael. I have great respect for the opinions of those two,
though
> in addition it would be good to have a number of living endorsers, who can
> engage in ongoing discourse.
>
> If SIAI, or even the Singularitarian philosophy in general, could get a
> strong endorsement from Hawking, Pinker, Dawkins, Dennett, Minsky,
McCarthy,