Re: CNN article with Bostrom interview and Kurzweil quotes

From: Giu1i0 Pri5c0 (pgptag@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 10:47:48 MDT

And I think this is, indeed, the best answer. You don't need a thick
philosophy book to justify having fun. If you can have fun without
damaging others, just do it.
Past generation did not have this problem because engineering could
not do anything against mortality. We are beginning to glimpse the
possibility of a better engineering that can do something against
mortality, and perhaps soon enough to be a practical issue.
As a rational being, I can accept mortality if I know for a fact that
nothing can be done against it. But as soon as science gives me the
choice, I definitely prefer staying alive.
G.