Re: Imagination Engine?

From: Joel Pitt (
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 21:10:24 MDT

On 8/2/06, H C <> wrote:
> I've never even heard of this company before just now. I don't know how
> technically laughable or not so laughable this approach is to AGI, but they
> are obviously doing something pretty effectively given their customers,
> while at the same time making some pretty extraordinary claims.
> What do you guys think?

At a cursory glance it looks to be a neural network performing a
genetic programming task.

I might be wrong, but I doubt it will lead to seed AI. At least I
certainly hope it doesn't, given the types of problems they are
applying it to:

The Warhead Design Creativity Machine

"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."
                -- Aeschylus