Re: Google wins

From: Tennessee Leeuwenburg (tennessee@tennessee.id.au)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 16:38:58 MDT

Google's search seems to me to be hardly better than it was years ago, and
there are still many subtleties for which I cannot search. I seen no
evidence of new AI (in any sense) in their online systems.

They are doing a great job of bolting together gorgeous web applications,
and seem to be content with doing that and then selling the advertising
revenue.

I get the feeling that the strength of their search algorithm is its
simplicity, not its subtlety.

Cheers,
-T