Re: The "One Basket" Problem

From: Deepak Goel (deego@gnufans.org)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 21:46:36 MDT

Deepak Goel <deego@gnufans.org> writes:
> http://gnufans.net/~deego/DeegoWiki/OneBasket.html

Several private and on-list responses, while making other good points,
also mention that things like "the cost of a Mars base would be
prohibitive" and "it would take a long time".

I just wanted to point out that even though I use the number "40
years" and "in need of funding" in my essay , 4frontiers is a
for-profit company, and believes (iiuc) that it should have a working
(and commercially viable!) base by 2025, and that it has the funding
it needs.

Robert Zubrin has argued forever that it can be done rather cheaply
and fast.