Re: Singularitarian demographics

From: David Habgood (floydthebarber@fragnlag.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 23:22:46 MDT

Joshua Fox wrote:

> I note that the great majority of SL4 members have computer software
> as their primary profession. Why is this?

I suspect your average person doesn't take an interest in these
(Singularity etc.) fields as they percieve themselves as not being
capable of understanding/discussing them, and people with a
software/technical background think they are.
I don't think, however, that understanding these ideas does /actually
/require any 'computer software' type background, though, it would be
helpful.

I'm also not convinced that "the great majority of SL4 members have
computer software as their primary profession".

David
floydthebarber@fragnlag.com