Re: Question: Movies and books about positive AI

From: Joel Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 05:33:18 MDT

On 8/7/06, Charles D Hixson <charleshixsn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> OTOH, an interesting point is that I've never encountered a fictional
> artificial intelligence that wasn't obviously human except a few
> robots...and they were human except for intentional limitations. (Not
> too surprising when you consider that most aliens of any kind are humans
> wearing a strange costume.)
> N.B.: This is NOT what an artificial intelligence will be like, even if
> we were to try hard to create it in that image.

On the other hand alot of fictional AI are so far advanced that should
they chose
to present a human-like front for dealing with humans, then they could easily
conjure one up.

After all, humans are likely to respond more receptively and be more
acquiescent to something that at least appears human.

--
-Joel
"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."