RE: What's going on this decade?

From: Jim Blair (
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 10:18:47 MDT

My 2 cents:

- The move away from email by the younger generation - replaced by texting,
IM, and messaging through specific social networking sites like
- Social networking sites.
- The rise of video sites such as that kick the networks in the
proverbial balls and push the limits of copyright law.

"If we had a reliable way to label our toys good and bad, it would be easy
to regulate technology wisely. But we can rarely see far enough ahead to
know which road leads to damnation. Whoever concerns himself with big
technology, either to push it forward or to stop it, is gambling in human

Freeman Dyson