Re: A study comparing 150 IQ+ persons to 180 IQ+ persons

From: Charles D Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 19:07:41 MDT

Michael Vassar wrote:
> Unfortunately, as far as I know, zero people who have attained high
> scores on open-ended IQ tests have also achieved dramatic real world
> achievements. By contrast, a significant number of people who score
> very well at a young age on traditional IQ tests have done so.
> (though none of the extreme outliers have, unless you count the SATI
> pre-recentering and Eliezer) This despite the fact that open-ended IQ
> test score results seem to agree fairly well with the age adjusted
> very high IQs achieved by young high scorers.
This is probably an effect due to sample size. If they correlate well,
then it would be surprising if a larger sample did not show that they
predicted well for the same features and groups. (Well, if they didn't,
it would certainly be worthy of investigation. But since there have
been a large number of comments indicating that only small numbers of
people have been examined & reported on for the open-ended tests, sample
size appears the most likely reason for the effect.)