Re: Dark matter (was: What's going on this decade?)

From: Michael Vassar (michaelvassar@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 22:37:00 MDT

Good point Damien. I would actually say that by the theoretical (though not
the applied) standards of this list, Patrick deserves to be sniped for this.
  Of course, if the snipers lived up to the theoretical standards there
would be far fewer than half the current number of posters.
I propose a vote by list participants.
On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is unmoderated, 4 is the current level of
moderation, 8 is the theoretical level of moderation mandated in the list
charter, and 10 is a "three strikes rule" for clueless or seriously off
topic posts, what level of moderation do people want? (possibly giving
actual SIAI members or donors some larger share of votes?)
My vote is for a moderation level of 7, not holding people quite up to the
standards of the charter but banning people for posts that show
unfamiliarity with publically available www.intelligence.org documents or core
transhumanist concepts and technologies.