Re: This is the third time this has happened [WAS Re: Manhattan, Apollo and AI to the Singularity]

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 17:42:39 MDT

justin corwin wrote:
>> Justin Corwin's post "Offended respondent" is a fairly good case example.
>
> here: http://sl4.org/archive/0606/15333.html
>
> to which there is no reply, although he did post a reply to an earlier
> post of mine later, which is on the same subject.

Actually that reminds me, Justin, that I DID reply to this post .....
the message went out, according to my email log, here, on 6/28/2006 at
11:40 PM. It contained some 20,000 words, and it was the result of a
lot of time spent culling and editing and annotating the relevant
messages that I had previously sent, which you (in a nutshell) accused
me of never posting.

But the message disappeared.

I don't know why, but it never showed up on the list. Was it bounced
because it was too long? I have no idea.

But after a few days, I thought "Shall I ask what happened to it?" and I
decided that I just didn't give a damn. I just couldn't be bothered to
reply to the petty stupidity any more, so I let it drop.

If Eliezer can clarify why that message (entitled "The AGI Artist's
Reply to Unjust Criticism") went missing, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Do you want me to resend it?

Happy to do so, if you insist.

Richard Loosemore.

P.S. Come to think of it, I'll send it again anyway, in case you
immediately accuse me of faking it, or something. People can hardly say
that I faked it on ten minutes' notice.

Cheers.