ANNOUNCE: New website and mailing list devoted to Singularity Issues

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 11:13:53 MDT

I would like to announce to all who are interested, that I am going to
set up a new mailing list, and an associated website, dedicated to
civilized discussions of Singularity-related and AGI-related issues.

I plan to make the website in an online-magazine style.

The website itself will, I confess, be dominated by a certain set of
ideas that I want to talk about ... not, in fact, the ones that have
been coming up here, but a particular vision of what the
post-Singularity world would be like, and how to ensure the safety of
AGI-related technology.

However, the focus of the site would not mean any particular constraints
on the mailing list discussions.

My apologies for not having it ready to go yet: anyone who wants to be
contacted when the list is up and running could email me now at
rpwl@lightlink.com.

More soon.

Cheers,

Richard Loosemore.