Re: The Conjunction Fallacy Fallacy

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 16:08:10 MDT

On 8/28/06, John K Clark <jonkc@att.net> wrote:

> On June 8 of this year I was told that a issue I had brought up, something
> that is at the very heart of the entire "friendly AI" concept must never
> be
> discussed on this list again.

Looking quickly back to June 8 (God bless Gmail! ^.^), I find the following
clarification from Eliezer on the killthread:

"Obviously the Killthread wasn't for that, but because of the apparent
sliding into ad hominem."

I take this to mean that the topic isn't permanently banned and can be
raised again after a reasonable interval provided it doesn't slide into ad
hominem again; correct me if I'm wrong?