Re: Education [was Re: The Conjunction Fallacy Fallacy [WAS Re: Anti-singularity spam.]]

From: Rik van Riel (riel@surriel.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 23:24:34 MDT

kevin.osborne wrote:
>> I wonder if it would make sense to set up something along the
>> lines of http://kernelnewbies.org/ for people interested in
>> AGI, but not skilled at it yet.
> have a look at http://sl4.org/wiki/TableOfContents

Ohhhh nice! Not the easiest to navigate wiki though :(

> My guess is that the gatekeepers are trying to conduct discussions at
> the http://lkml.org/ level and us script kiddies are annoying the hell
> out of them with our http://kernelnewbies.org/ level of discussion :-)

There are good reasons for keeping both kinds of traffic
separated.

>> Sorry, wrong venue for that. Nobody has time for hand-holding, and
>> trying to learn difficult knowledge from postcards is futile anyway.
>> Read the damn books, that's why they were written.

[snip]

> Ideally I'd like to see us young reactionaries brought into the fold
> so we can make areas like the Sl4 Wiki more accessible for its
> intended audience and so we can track our progress from
> kernelnewbies->lkml and therefore hopefully create a series of HowTo
> guides from direct experience of the ramp-up process.
>
> However if the young turks want to fork I'll be happy contribute to
> site-to-be-named as well I guess. Zeitgeist?

The current SL4 wiki seems largely a dumping ground for info,
but not a site where information can be easily found. Fixing
that is largely a technical detail though.

Time to get my wiki hosting service off the ground. Hopefully
this weekend :)

--
What is important?  What you want to be true, or what is true?