Re: The Conjunction Fallacy Fallacy [WAS Re: Anti-singularity spam.]

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 21:30:42 MDT

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> FYI: The name "Johnson-Laird" sounded familiar to me - I might have
> picked it to check for that reason, I don't recall - but in general I'm
> not good with names. Or faces, for that matter. I can tell they're
> familiar but not what identity they should associate to.

PS: Johnson-Laird has two papers listed in the bibliography of
"Judgement Under Uncertainty", cited in chapters 6 and 34. The next
author after that, E. E. Jones, whose name I don't recognize at all, has
six papers listed, cited in chapters 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, and 15.

No offense against Johnson-Laird, of course. I'm sure he's a major
figure in whatever academic field he's actually a part of.