Re: META: To SL4's readership

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 12:31:45 MDT

I'm going to make one more observation and then hold my peace (to much
rejoicing from the SIAI crowd, no doubt!)... and this is something that
would be instantly obvious to a reasonably bright ten year old; the fact
that it wasn't instantly obvious to minds as refined as ours is a good
indicator of just how batty we all were:

Suppose for the sake of argument hard takeoff were real, there was some
magic incantation that would confer that sort of power on a silicon chip.
SIAI's agenda of stirring up paranoia would still be racial suicide, even
more so in fact.

Why? Because if you succeed, the prospects of your being allowed access to a
computer long enough to send email let alone create AGI are nonexistent.
After all, _you have already announced your intention to program your
computer to conquer the world_.