Re: META: To SL4's readership

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 15:24:27 MDT

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:22:18PM -0700, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
wrote:
> I suspect that SL4's policies need to be clarified. In
> particular, I think that the front page needs to make clear that
> SL4 is a moderated list,

For the record, this is not actually true in the strict, how
sysadmins use that term sense.

It's an unmoderated list with strict posting and banning policies.

A moderated list means that someone explicitely approves each mail
(possibly with some trusted people being allowed to post freely).

I'm pretty sure this is what the "crappiest moderated list I've ever
seen" person had in mind.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://intelligence.org/