Re: META: SL4 demographics

From: Olie Lamb (neomorphy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 07:51:25 MDT

I asked the Ashkenazi question.

There seem to be a large number of ashkenazi names on the list, and the
results might show a curious skew. There are a lot more Anglo names on this
list than Chinese names, too, but that can easily be attributed to the
location and language.

While Ashenazis make up less than 1/500th of the world population, less than
1/80th of the US population, and not much of the English speaking
population. So, if the results are higher than, say, 5%, it might be
interesting to note the disproportionate representation.

As for the-other-AI, well, I didn't ask how many Sephardim are on the list

There are many far better questions that could be asked. This is just one
that came to mind.

-- Olie

http://www.lojban.org/