Re: META: SL4 demographics

From: Stephen Reed (stephenreed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 10:25:35 MDT

My own heritage is far from Ashkenazim, but I am an
admirer of the culture and my wife is one. Rather
than remark on the stunning achievements of this group
with respect to their small numbers, I am happy that a
large percentage of this list audience may be in this
group. I discount genetic factors, unless someone
points me to a adoption study for example, and in
contrast stress the extremely high expectations that
Ashkenazim parents have for their children and the
consequent cultivation of the youngsters' mental,
artistic and sometimes physical abilities.
Accordingly, it is interesting that this list is
populated by those with expectations, and achievement
potential far above the norm.
-Steve

http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/>***

http://www.lojban.org/