Re: META: SL4 demographics

From: José Raeiro (zeraeiro@clix.pt)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 13:06:00 MDT

I asked the same question in private to Joel Pitt, not because I didn't
knew who were or what had the Askhenazi done, but because of what the
genes had to do with it. Maybe it's even dumber.

Firstly, and in a list where statistics make a lot of buzz, I always had
this idea that correlation doesn't necessarily mean causality. If you
search randomly for patterns you will find them where there is no
causality at all (e.g. there are more athletes with Mars on a certain
part of the sky than you could expect only by pure chance. That doesn't
prevent astrology for being total crap.).

Secondly, I think that the question would be, at least, more relevant if
it was asked in another way. For example: did you grow up inside the
Askhenazi culture/enviroment? Maybe I'm commiting the capital crime of
not reading the damn literature (or some less neutral part of it), but I
have this idea that there is quite some criticism on eugenics.

And in spite of all that, I still can't really see the point of the
question.

José Raeiro