Re: HUMOR [was Re: JOIN: Norman Noman]

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 10:56:50 MDT

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:50:27AM -0400, Ben Goertzel wrote:
> I do find it fascinating the degree to which various people who
> claim UFO abduction fairly consistently claim to see aliens with
> the same shape of head, and other common characteristics.

This seems to be part of deep human psychology; look at descriptions
of fairies and brownies and other things that humans believed
abducted them before we had aliens from other planets.

ObOnTopic: Yet more evidence of why mimicing human psychology *too*
closely is a bad idea; there's some messed up shit in there.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://intelligence.org/