Climate change

From: Stephen Tattum (S.Tattum@dundee.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 07:11:58 MDT

Is Climate change an SL4 issue?
Would a FAI perhaps be the best way for the human race to avoid
destroying our own planet?
For example say someone programmed an AI whose morality was grounded on
environmental concerns - even an emotional love for Gaia. Would this
mean that people would be despised and eventually culled to protect the
earth - or as part of the whole system, just a part that leads to too
much dangerous rapid change - would our population be controlled - would
it need to be?
Is it even perhaps the case that without a FAI helping us humans,
seeing the bigger picture and being able to organise and arrange things
accordingly, we are doomed. Is FAI possibly the only way to save the
world and our species?