the end of fermi's paradox?

From: kevin.osborne (kevin.osborne@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 19:26:52 MST

via: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6213150.stm

"Corot will be the first spacecraft able to detect rocky planets down
to about twice Earth's size that are orbiting neighbouring stars."

which presumably means that over the next few years we're going to
detect a host of new earth-similar planets in near space.

which i guess we can then point our SETI detectors at to see if they
were generating any radio signals x-thousands of light years ago.

which presumably is going to be a lot more effective than our previous
SETI program of just scanning amongst the noise at relatively
arbitrary points in the star field.

the probablity whizzes can do the number crunching but it seems this
is going to increase the chance of discovering either a) intelligent
life or b) some wierd exo-system flora that generates EM signals.

I'm guessing this would have profound SL implications. From a
Singulatarian POV I'd be hoping this would fuel a surge in uber-tech
development in general and spacefaring whirlygigs in particular.