Re: the end of fermi's paradox?

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2006 - 15:55:11 MST

On 12/28/06, John K Clark <jonkc@att.net> wrote:

> "kevin.osborne" <kevin.osborne@gmail.com> Wrote:
>
> I don't see why pointing telescopes an individual planets is more
> effective
> than pointing it in random directions, ET is unlikely to remain chained to
> his home world for long, astronomically speaking. As a matter of fact I
> don't see why you'd need a telescope at all to find ET, it should be
> obvious to anyone who looks into the night sky. But it's not obvious,
> and I believe that tells us something.

Perhaps it isn't obvious because your focus is too narrow or your depth of
field is too shallow?

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if you would enjoy kicking puppies or popping
little children's balloons just so you could remind their owners that life
is tough.

.. but on the other hand, if someone has to be a krank, i'd rather it be you
than me.

Happy New Year (or Not, if that's more your cup of tea)