JOIN, META: Modularity and mehtodology

From: Mohsen Ravanbakhsh (ravanbakhsh@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 08:14:29 MST

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this list.
I wanna begin with a question:

A case of formation of human intelligence is considerable for which the
current trend of study of AI is not appropriate. Suppose our brain is highly
modular ( every single intelligent capability have been provided in a
module), in both structural and algorithmic aspects, and the unity we feel
in our cognition is some kind of illusion (our mental activities are not
transparent to us, but we think they are; as Churchlands propose)
It seems in this case our endeavor is pointless, because our intuition is of
no help and the only reliable source is neuroscience which is not good in
giving big pictures.

I'm asking, in this case (which is quite probable in my view) what can we do
to construct AI?
(Becarefull of the 'I' in AI ! that is the vague point in this situation)