Re: Singularitarian Principles

From: Chris Hibbert (hibbert@mydruthers.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 22:37:36 MDT

> How should we respond to future cases where Singularitarian ends
> truly justify extreme means? This is a basic moral dilemma of all
> ideologies, especially those which claim to offer absolute welfare to
> humanity.

I have a different answer than Dagon. Ends don't justify means. Means
have to be defensible on their own. If certain means are immoral, it
doesn't matter what ends you are pursuing.

If your ends are really important, find a defensible way to pursue them.

Not everyone agrees with me.

Chris

--
It is easy to turn an aquarium into fish soup, but not so
easy to turn fish soup back into an aquarium.