Re: Anders Sandberg in Second Life on converging cognitive enhancement, uvvy island in SL, May 23 2007 10am PST

From: Dagon Gmail (dagonweb@gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 08:06:41 MDT

I once played a future RPG, back in the old days, I must have been either
Cyberpunk 2020
ICE cyberspace, GURPS or Shadowrun. It described massive hives of activity
in central
places, but in the fringes, hard to reach, where alien, far-out and forlorn
places, where the
refuge of cyberspace accumulated, often as senseless stuff.

Isn't it a glorious picture?

But if you want crowds in Second Life I can point you to a few people in
there that'll
buzzsaw your ears off and take you into lag-pits worse than a 1000 gallon
kitchen blender.