Re: Simulation argument in the NY Times

From: Henry Wolf VII (hwolfvii@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 12:04:28 MDT

The problem with those assumptions is that you only have access to one game.
 There are still plenty of 2D games available. If you only have access to
that one 2D game, you would assume that there were only two dimensions and
time. This ignores that there may be many more that we can't yet perceive.
 Looking back fifteen years, you would assume that the universe only has
sixteen colors.
Our one instance in this "universe" is nowhere near enough to extrapolate
accurately to an outside universe. If this is a simulation, the beings that
created it would be post-singularity level beings. Due to the nature of the
singularity, their existence is currently impossible to describe.

--
Cordially,
Henry George Wolf VII